Your First Visit
Your first consultation
Information is gathered about your why your coming to acupuncture, health and family history. This provides a unique picture of your current level of health and to understand what you want acupuncture to achieve. A treatment follows the consultation.
How many treatments will I need?
During the initial consultation a treatment plan is recommended with an estimate of how long you will need to attend to achieve an agreed outcome. Treatment estimates vary depending upon age, lifestyle, medication use and assessment of the patients overall level of energy.
Tips for attending acupuncture treatments
- Eating is advisable prior to treatment.
- After your treatment try to schedule a 20 -30 minute window to relax. This will allow you to enjoy the calming effect of treatment and maintain it for sometime afterwards.
- Avoid alcohol prior and after treatment
- Please bring a record of of any prescriptions, vitamins, herbs or supliments. As well as, any relevant consultant letters describing medical findings
Why choose Kim?
- One to one time with a practitioner who is solely focused on your health
- Tailored treatment plans which encompass dietary and lifestyle advice to get the best out of your body’s natural healing abilities
- Acupuncture is safe and has a very good track record, Kim is a licensed acupuncturist who follows rigorous standards of practice set out by the British Acupuncture Council (MBAcC)
Do you use cupping, electro acupuncture or guasha?
Yes to all, cupping is sometimes used for stiffness and tension in a particular area of the body (e.g shoulders). Guasha is also quite effective for various conditions, as well as electro acupuncture to create levels of constant needle stimulation to a specific area and might be used in specific cases for fertility acupuncture.
Insurance companies who will remburse treatments from BAcC members
Aviva health Uk Limited
Buck & Willis Health Care Ltd
Bupa Cashplan (not BUPA)
Hospital Saturday Fund
SimplyHealth (formerly HAS)
Leeds Hospital Fund
Legal & General Healthcare
Royal & Sun Alliance Healthcare and Assistance
Standard Life Health Care
Sun Alliance Health Insurance
Terms and conditions
- 24 hours notice is required to cancel an appointment or the full rate will be charged or one treatment in a series package will be subtracted
- Payment is due on the day of treatment
- Series packages are valid for one year from purchase date
- No refunds provided
- For first treatments, payment is required 24 hours prior to appointment time
- Forms of payment accepted: cash, cheque, bank transfer and card machine